Monday, June 13, 2011

Monday Memo: What are you doing to do when you get home?

Going home?
One great thing about working in a different office for a few weeks is that people constantly ask you what you hope to do, what you've done and what you've learned from it all.  As a champion of self-reflection I'm theoretically asking myself these things all the time, but one casual question that someone came up with really struck a chord with me, maybe because it was so practical -

"So, what are you going to do when you get home?
I mean, you can't just go back and continue doing all the same things that you're already comfortable with."

It's a less hopelessly breathless way of saying 'Do One Thing A Day That Scares You' (I'm sure you've seen this on a fridge magnet at some point, if not on the Lululemon Athletica bags); it made me consider in more real terms what has actually changed (if anything) and what hasn't.

What are you going to do when you get home?  You don't need to be halfway across the world to ask that question.

0 comments :

Post a Comment