Sunday, January 20, 2013

Post-dinner-party brunch

This Friday gone I passed the new-homemaking milestone of having a couple of friends over for dinner.  It's funny how little acts become more important when you're doing them by yourself, in a new city, with an apartment that may or may not be kitted out with everything you need for a dinner party (turns out I'm missing a grater, serviettes and the corkscrew I *borrowed* from corporate housing breaks easily).  I was a little nervous of how it would go, especially without head chef C being there, but three courses and five hours later, it was one of the best nights I've had while here.

Anyway, I had another kind of excitement this morning when I remembered the delicious bonus that comes with hosting a dinner party: extravagant brunch made from leftover ingredients.  I cannot express how much I was looking forward to this.  The entire time while I went for a run this morning I was debating whether or not the potatoes should go in the eggs or just outside, cooked up with some onion like some kind of hash.  Which of the four happy cheeses leftover from the cheese board should I incorporate into my omelette?  These are the hard-hitting questions that plague my mind.
Pick at leftover strawberries and cheese while you start your cook up.

You can see that I decided on potatoes in, mushrooms out.   Picking at the strawberries continued, with some green juice. 
Enjoy with a view of anything except your laptop. 
This is the weekend, people.  You had a dinner party and now you're eating roasted portobello mushrooms and prosciutto for breakfast - you have a lot to be thankful for!  Now, put on some music and think about the walks you'll go on, before the cheese plate you'll probably have for dinner tonight.

0 comments :

Post a Comment