Sunday, April 28, 2013

Making up for a lost summer

People have been asking me how my trip went; I say that I fell in love with New York, and I feel like San Francisco is its younger, littler chilled out brother.  Conversely, I feel like Miami is LA's best friend and they're two girls who always want to go out.  While I loved the relentlessly warm weather and beaches that made you feel like you were in a postcard, Miami was definitely a city to visit but not sustainably one I could live in.

I'll take that tan though, thank you!
The private beach area at Fontainebleau - we didn't see Puff Daddy, but this view was enough for me.  I couldn't get enough of the water, so clear and blue.
Shopping in the up and coming Design District - some very cool shop fronts on a wide street.
Spicy fries!  This is the beginning of one of my most favourite afternoons there, sitting in the sun at Southstreet with a cocktail jug and Southern style fried chicken still to come.
Outside the Wynwood Walls, the Wynwood warehouse district was the most sincere neighborhood I came across in Miami - think a strong Cuban community, open air bars and an impressive span of street art.
NYC wrap up to come!

0 comments :

Post a Comment