Monday, May 21, 2012

Kids with your popcorn

Putting on the 3D glasses makes me feel like I'm getting ready for a ride.
Anyone who knows me is pretty familiar with how infrequently I go to the movies, but with C's new job it's become an essential - tough, I know.

Decided to catch up with the rest of the world and see The Avengers on the weekend; it confirmed for me that children should absolutely be in every movie theatre everywhere (assuming that what you're seeing is family friendly, we're talking superheros not Mulholland Drive here).  Whatever I was thinking, they were thinking ("are they bad guys or good guys?"), when Captain America showed up they were the first to cheer and when I snorted out loud they were laughing even harder.  It reminded me of how great it was to watch a movie in the company of a crowd who rises and falls to the story with you.

Anyway, it's been awhile since I've really looked forward to a trip to the movies, but the kid sitting behind me who really loved the hulk already has me planning my next visit.

Here's to getting back to the movies.

p.s. Please excuse the scant posting of late!  No internet at home makes for no blogging huhu.

0 comments :

Post a Comment