Sunday, August 11, 2013

Outside Lands 2013

Three day music festival anyone?  Sure why not.

Splendor a few years back was the last festival I'd been to, although it's definitely a different vibe when the venue is only a bus ride away from your house, so you're able to go for a swim, get brunch with friends or do the laundry before heading out for another day of festivities.  As a throwback to that last festival, some of my favourite performances were Vampire Weekend, Jurassic 5 and Band of Horses - add to that Young The Giant, Paul McCartney, Pretty Lights and Red Hot Chili Peppers; it was a great three days in California.  Definitely made up for the fact that I was hopping around in a North Face jacket most of the time - oh San Francisco, even your "summer" isn't enough to make me not love you.
My thoughts exactly.  Found this guy at The Tallest Man On Earth - note the hills in the background which made the park a perfect natural auditorium.
So SF: Wine Lands - complete with wine tasting tent and oysters and cheese plates outside.  I had a delicious white from Hobo Wine Co, primarily in homage to the growing hole in my TOMS.
Only in SF Part 2: the food lineup is actually a big deal.  This was the clam chowder from Woodhouse Fish Co, which is only down by street but I've actually never tried until now - delish!
People watching was off the charts - snapped this great hair on the way in.
This is representative of one of the many, many shots I took of various artists I loved - in this particular shot are Red Hot Chili Peppers - a classic California performance to cap off an awesome weekend.
Every time I see you in the world, you always step to my girl.

0 comments :

Post a Comment