Saturday, August 20, 2011

Five things I didn't buy

C made me feel midly guilty about the shoes I bought the other day (from the final reductions rack at Gary Castles, how could I resist?) so I decided to document five things I didn't buy this weekend, as a record of my sensibility (ha!).

1. Stumbled upon Isabel Marant in a second-hand store and was dying of excitement until I realised it wasn't in my size.  I am so obsessed with her, love these photos of her in her studio.
2. Fuelled by that find I went to go see her latest collection at The Corner Shop, and that's when I remembered that I can never justify any of her pieces at full price.
3. Haigh's award winning milk chocolate in a panda shape.  I love food in the shape of animals and racked my brain for ages thinking of a reason I could buy this little guy for someone, before eventually putting him back on the shelf with his other chocolate friends.
4. A bucket of avocados from Harris Farm - for some reason produce always looks so much more appealing to me when it's piled up in a tiny bucket, but there is also no way that C and I have the capacity to eat five avocados within the week without having some kind of guacamole party.
5. The final thing that I always want to buy but never do is anything pink or with a heart shape on it - these magical pants are made out of some kind of super-soft fleece and they look so comfortable I know I would never want to take them off, although C would probably lose all respect for me.
See, I'm saving money every day I tells ya.  Hahahahaha.

0 comments :

Post a Comment