Monday, October 14, 2013

Healing chicken soup

The human body is an amazing beast isn't it?  One minute it's fine with traipsing across 6 different cities and the next minute it's breaking down in full force - complete with 3am feverish sweats and a throat so on fire I thought I was going to die in my sleep (no really, in my delirium I considered calling up C to remind him that the couch is by some Norwegian architects that I like, so could he please keep it in my memory hahaha).

Anyway, I kid - I totally deserve this.  I feel like this is my body's way of shouting at me to stop for a moment, so here I am.  I've been hiding out in a snot cave this weekend and now just taken my first sick day since I can remember.  My beloved Google Shopping Express took care of most things, but as they don't do fresh produce I did trek out to my local store to make a proper chicken soup - bones and all.

I used this recipe as a guideline, but I made the alteration of sautéing the onions and garlic beforehand.
Chopping in progress.  I took a very liberal perspective on 'finely diced'.
Simmering goodness.  The green bits are the fresh Thyme floating to the top.
The get-well food of champions!
Not as good as my mama's but definitely hit the spot!

1 comments :

Anonymous said...

looks good

Post a Comment