Monday, September 19, 2011

I get by -

- with a little help from my friends. 

In my exhaustion post-race it occurred to me that so many things that I do are every day supported by people around me.  I can't take a photo of the intangible (and more significant) ways my ecosystem keeps me going, so here are some tangible pieces of help that got me through the last couple of days and kept me smiling while my calves were burning on a plane.

Half marathon done!  Ran the whole way without stopping, but literally wouldn't have gotten there in the first place were it not for a lift from a fellow runner's lovely husband.
Delicious restorative raw food treats, hand-balled by a friend and her sister - I think this was the goji and chai - so good!  The spirulina was my favourite but I shoved it in my mouth so fast and completely forgot a photo.
Coffee with my parents at the airport, again were it not for them volunteering to pick me up and drive me I'd probably be typing this from Sydney.
I hate packing for trips (must've picked that up from my mama) but the process is always made so much brighter with this travel wallet from C.  The labeled compartments are the reason I never forget my passport or local currency.
Mmm, gonna try with a little help from my friends.

1 comments :

Thelma said...

made me smile too... enjoy your Singapore working holiday. regards to C.

Post a Comment