Sunday, July 17, 2011

Street party

I often enjoy engagement parties more than the wedding itself (not sure if that makes me a bad person) - but they're usually just so much more relaxed and I find they often reflect the personalities of the couple moreso than when they're going through the ceremony of their big day.  A street party I went to on the weekend had exactly that appeal - from the balcony speeches through to the delicious make-your-own-sandwich table, the whole afternoon had the charm and whimsy of the engaged couple themselves:

Fine folks on the street
The talented man getting married - his vest is adorably knitted by his mum!
Another reason I love engagement parties - the food is always an amazing mix of home-assembled platters by various family members
Cupcake on the street + good wine + great company = perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon
Congratulations again to the happy couple - couldn't be happier for you both!

0 comments :

Post a Comment