Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A return to things

A couple of Fridays ago I finally got my butt into gear and signed up for a life drawing class with a couple of girlfriends - and by 'class' I mean we just dropped into a room where a model turns up at some point and you're left to your own devices.  It was a typical life drawing class - we started with a series of short poses to warm up, and then moved to sketching poses over increasing lengths of time.
Here are a couple of pieces that reminded me of just how much I both had and hadn't forgotten:
From one of the short 60 second poses at the beginning.
A couple of the longer poses - charcoal and yellow you say?  It's like every uni assignment I ever did all over again haha (private joke between me and yes, well, actually only I will get that).
I was never really big into figure drawing, but there was something deeply enjoyable about sitting and concentrating on this single craft for a couple of hours.  I was reminded of how much I enjoyed my after-school art classes, far more than piano or violin (probably because I never practiced but that's a different story) *pushes up nerd glasses*.  It's nice to return to something and discover that it still gives you the same pleasure, even if you didn't remember that it did.

0 comments :

Post a Comment