Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Green is gold

Stumbled across this street work 'Green is Gold' on Barrack St on my way home today.  Like any good installation, it had me detour from my route to take a closer look - it's basically a metal grid on which you can rest your takeaway coffee cup on and plant with a little seedling.

Step-by-step instructions to create your little coffee cup plant - the seeds are woven into the biodegradable cup holder, which you plant. 
The cups filling up the planks.
One of the flourishing seedlings.  I love that they're all different types of coffee cups too.
I love this view of the grid - I almost like it better this way (only half-filled up) but also can't wait to see when it's all full and green all over.
A lovely, quietly engaging work that all coffee drinkers on the go can be a part of.

0 comments :

Post a Comment